- Comprehensive Meteorological Information Service of Korea Meteorological Administration (COMIS-3)
By establishing an integrated meteorological IT system for effective support of frustrating meteorological business environment, a foundation of advanced meteorological country is prepared.
By integrated management of existing meteorological system by division centering around integrated meteorological data storage pool, and through double layered networks in gigabit level, meteorological data distribution system is established in the National Meteorological Agency, while by providing a portal system displaying meteorological data, the agency can receive necessary information via unified system. Also an integrated information system is provided which can convert weather forecast or special weather news generated by a forecaster to database and provides them for disaster management agents and public service.
- Basic capacity to develop meteorological technology and to take a leap to advanced meteorological country is enhanced including dual and multiple process of main system, integrated storage pool of meteorological data and complete dual network.
- Accuracy and usability are improved by standardization and unification of meteorological data management system.
- Collection/distribution of real-time meteorological data on a large scale and quality assurance system are established.
- Web-based meteorological data display system is established.
- Forecaster-exclusive forecast/special report and meteorological information product/notification system are established.
- Meteorological information system for disaster prevention is established and provides service for disaster prevention agents.
Differentiated Service for Customer
- LG CNS achieved improvement of meteorological data quality and meteorological service and cost reduction by successful realization of physical separation of hardware and logical integration of information system, which was consistent with requirement for comprehensive meteorological information system of Korea Meteorological Administration. Also with a goal to enhance basic capacity for development of meteorological technique and leap up to advanced meteorological country, we established meteorological IT infrastructure and environment, which provided opportunity to take a critical role as an international center under WMO system.